These golden brown artichoke wonton wrappers are the perfect easy appetizers for holiday parties, brunch, your Super Bowl party, and casual gatherings.
The crispy little cups are made from oven baked wonton wrappers, and topped with a delectable filling that tastes like your favorite artichoke cheese dip.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure statement.
This recipe is from my cookbook, Small Bites: Skewers, Sliders, and Other Party Eats (Gibbs Smith, publisher), and the beautiful photos are by Jessica Nicosia-Nadler.
Why This Recipe will Make You Happy
The crispy little wonton cups are easy to make and fill.
Your guests will love these golden brown little bites, which are easy to pick up and eat.
The artichoke cheese filling melts in the oven, making the perfect crispy, melty appetizer.
Make it ahead! If you like, the filling and crispy wonton cups can be made in advance (see directions in the recipe.) On party day you can fill the appetizers, pop them in the oven, and you’re done!
Ingredients and Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare these artichoke dip wonton cups:
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese – I like freshly grated Parmesan, but you can even use the stuff in the green can in this recipe.
1/2 cup mayonnaise – Real mayonnaise is best in this recipe.
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder – You can also substitute 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced, if you prefer.
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese – You can substitute another mild cheese like Colby or Havarti if you prefer
1/2 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped – You can also use frozen, thawed, steamed artichoke hearts if you prefer.
24 wonton wrappers – Round or square wonton wrappers both work well for this recipe.
Chopped fresh chives – for garnish. You can use fresh parsley if chives aren’t available.
Recommended Cooking Equipment
You won’t need any fancy equipment for this recipe!
- Mixing bowl
- Mini muffin tin
Save for Later
If you use Pinterest to save and share recipes, here’s a handy pin:
Artichoke Wonton Wrappers
- mixing bowl
- mini muffin pan
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 24 wonton wrappers
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan, mayonnaise, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese and the artichokes. (Mixture can be used at once or refrigerated, covered, for up to 24 hours.)
- Press 1 wonton wrapper into each muffin cup. Bake for 5 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. (Wrappers can be used at once, or stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 24 hours; replace in muffin pan before proceeding.)
- Fill each cup with 1 rounded tablespoon artichoke mixture. Bake until golden brown, 5–6 minutes. Garnish with chives and serve warm. Makes 24 pieces.