Recently a friend posted on our neighborhood forum that her garbage disposal was broken. Another neighbor helpfully suggested she try pushing the red “reset” button on the appliance. Sure enough that did the trick, and the problem was easily solved.
I read that exchange and thought, “Boy, there sure are a lot of things for which I wish I had a reset button!” Can you relate?
I’m a fan of short bursts of concentrated focus. Maybe you’re like me, in that if I know I only have to be good for a limited time I can sustain the behavior.
With that in mind, would you like to join me starting next Monday, May 7th for five days of good work, making space and balance? I’m calling this endeavor #ResetWeek, and I want to do these 10 things for five days:
1. Get up 15 minutes early. No snooze button. No peeking at the phone. I want to begin my day with a little quiet time, to think about what’s important each day, to say prayers, to meditate and begin the day grounded.
2. Restrict my reading of email to the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Email has a way of derailing even the most solid daily goals. I want to preserve my early mornings when my brain is fresh, and protect my evenings to relax and recharge.
3. No spending money on anything but essentials – like a mini January Money Diet!
4. Drink six glasses of refreshing water each day.
5. Tackle one important thing every day. (See #1 above.)
6. Do some decluttering bursts and give away 5 bags of stuff.
7. Unplug from the news. From 8 a.m. Monday to 5 p.m. Friday, I want to go cold turkey with NO news so I can focus on better things.
8. Do something that makes my heart happy like walking or going on a bike ride, plus strength training every day.
9. Spend time outside connecting with nature for at least 20 minutes every day.
10. Eat some colorful fruits and veggies every day.
How About You?
Could you use a reset next week? Perhaps you want to do some or all of those same 10 things, or maybe you want to make your own list.
Let’s do this! If you’re in, leave a comment on this page and feel free to share any of your specific goals.
Join me for #ResetWeek this May 7 – 11, 2018.
Together, we’ll see what great things we can accomplish in five days.