Today marks exactly five weeks until December first. If you’d like to have all or most of your holiday tasks done by then, you might like to jot down a little plan so you can get everything done in the coming weeks. I’ve simplified quite a bit in the past few years, and my list looks something like this:
- Finish gift lists and order a few gifts online. (I’ve also bought some presents throughout the year that are stashed away.)
- Address and stamp my business holiday cards. (My company is sending Thanksgiving cards this year, which I ordered last week.)
- Buy a gift or two, and wrap as I go along. (Our family recycles gift bags – surely one of the best inventions of the last century.)
- Order family Christmas cards. (I update the address list on my computer throughout the year, and purchased holiday stamps at the post office earlier this month.)
- Buy a gift or two, and wrap as I go along. (Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la…)
- Address and stamp Christmas cards. I may bribe my youngest to help me with this.
- Finish gift shopping and wrapping. (I’ll join my girlfriends who organize an annual holiday shopping day at the mall on the Friday of this week.)
- Make a big batch of gingerbread cookie dough and freeze. (One of my hopes in December is to decorate cookies with my family.)
- Decorate the Christmas tree, and put out a few decorations inside and outside. Give away any decorations we no longer need.
- Make and freeze Cinnamon Crispies for Christmas morning. (I’ll be sharing the recipe next month.)
How about you? Could you create a plan of your own to tackle some holiday tasks in the next five weeks? Have you already gotten a jump on a few things? I’d love to hear your experiences, ideas and comments.