In the movie Chocolat, Juliette Binoche’s character Vianne gets restless to move whenever the “sly wind” from the North blows in. I can relate, although I like to think that I personally could withstand a little wind to stick it out with Johnny Depp. But maybe not. What is it about the wind that stirs up unrest in my soul?
The last 36 hours were really, really windy here in Denver. On a conference call yesterday, colleagues in Sheridan and Jackson, Wyoming both mentioned that the wind was raging there as well. That’s a big wind.
After spending most of the day on edge, I tried to meditate about the good qualities of the wind and just accept it. Here’s what I came up with:
- The wind dissipates smog and moves air pollution out.
- The wind helps pollinate the plants.
- The wind is a necessary part of weather patterns.
- The wind cleared off our driveway, with no effort on my part.
- The wind gives your hair that trendy, tousled look that movie stars favor.
How about you? Does the wind make you a little crazy, or are you able to appreciate its finer qualities and maintain your inner peace? I’d love to hear how you deal with a windy day.